With the continuous improvement of the quality of life, everyone wants to have a spacious and comfortable space. The furniture bunk bed is also because of this idea. The solid wood bunk bed is very popular in the furniture market. In today’s life, everyone will buy bunk beds to save space. What kind of wood is better for solid wood high and low beds?
Solid wood furniture materials include ash, oak (white oak, red oak), rubber wood, pine, beech and walnut, teak, cedar, camphor, elm, nanmu (Phoebe), cherry and maple Wait. Characteristics of various solid wood materials:
1. Pine wood：There are two main materials used for pine furniture, one is Masson pine, the other is Pinus sylvestris, mainly Pinus sylvestris, which is an important raw material for man-made fiberboard in decoration. The texture of Masson pine is straight or uneven, and the structure is medium to thick. The disadvantage is that the cracking is more serious when dry. Not resistant to corrosion. Poor paint and bonding performance. It has strong nail-holding power and is relatively less used as a woodworking board in furniture. The price of woodworking board is generally about 3 times that of the same size Chinese fir integrated board or large core board. Pinus sylvestris are widely used as the material of mid-range solid wood furniture, and many log furniture use pine. Pine has a stronger texture, clearer texture and better wood. Compared with fir, Pinus sylvestris has a more beautiful grain and less scarring.
2. Fraxinus mandshurica：The scientific name of Fraxinus mandshurica is a kind of wood belonging to the genus Oleaceae. The biggest advantage is its texture, which is beautiful and clear. The largest proportion of decorative panels is the ash panel, and the ash panel is also a lower-priced decorative panel. The disadvantage is that if it is used as solid wood furniture, the deformation is relatively large, so if the ash is made of solid wood, it is mostly spliced with small wooden blocks.
3. Oak: Oak is a common name, and the scientific name of real oak is oak. In fact, the red oak is not really red, but the woody yellow is slightly pink. The white oak is not white, but light yellow. Oak is characterized by heavy hard, straight grain, coarse structure, elegant color and beautiful texture, high mechanical strength, and abrasion resistance, but the wood is not easy to dry sawing and cutting. At the same time, if the large area is used in large areas, the degree of deformation is large, and the oak pattern also has straight grains. The difference between the horizontal pattern and the horizontal pattern is that the straight pattern is more attractive and the price is slightly more expensive.
4. Elm: The elm wood has a large width and excellent temperature preservation; the deformation rate is small, the wood is tough, the texture is clear, the hardness and strength are moderate, suitable for carving, the planing surface is smooth, the string surface pattern is beautiful, and the “wenge wood” pattern is available for furniture, For decoration, etc. Furniture made of elm wood has rough texture and simple style.
5. Beech: Beech wood is also called alder wood. The wood is firm and has beautiful texture, which can be used for construction and utensils. Beech wood can also be used as a veneer, and many people use red beech veneer.
6. Chinese fir: Chinese fir is the cheapest wood you can touch. It is a unique fast-growing commercial timber tree species in my country. It is characterized by fast growth, good material, straight wood texture, uniform structure, light and tough material, moderate strength, resistance to insects and corrosion, and easy processing. Cunninghamia lanceolata belongs to softwood. There are two main shortcomings. One is that Cunninghamia lanceolata is a fast-growing wood, with a maturity period of 4-6 years. It produces fast, natural wood fibers are loose, and its moisture content is large, and its surface hardness is relatively soft. It is easy to cause Scratches, the second disadvantage is that there are many scars, and there is a black scar every short distance. Therefore, Chinese fir is generally less used to make furniture, but is used to make pulp, blockboard, density board, particle board, keel, or made into finger joint board to make interior baffle for furniture.